Friday, May 05, 2006

just a little something something

As I sit here on this lovely Friday evening studying inefficiently, sipping wine, and pondering the more useful aspects of life (particularly mine) I bring to you one of those "no shit!" things.
This is a concept I must be familiar with in morning, keep this in mind.

*cough cough

"The aniexty theory of magic: people will use their scientific technology as far as it will extend and then will resort to magic or religion to reduce anxiety."

Holy crap! What a fucking original theory there! Could I not have inferred this on my own? Have I not before?

Alrighty, back to the drinking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Will said...

Sort of like prayer being the last refuge of scientists or scoundrels

3:44 PM  
Blogger chiggers said...

well i was thinking more along the lines of religion explaining what science has not "proven," i guess since that is a hot topic in my field, but that is a good point

8:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home