Sunday, July 09, 2006

words!

I love the dictionary. In fact, I used to pick it up for fun. The nerd inside of me loves to excite the portion of her brain dedicated toward vocabulary skill. It’s up there with sex. When I see the word of the day pop up on my google homepage I know the day will turn out okay. But I digress... What is important here are the latest words which have added to the dictionary. There are nearly 100 new words! Things like “google,” “drama queen,” “mouse potato,” “soul patch,” “unibrow,” and so on.
Merriam-Webster has some examples here. And, what is fun is On Deadline asking “mouse potatoes” what words they would add. Click here to read the stupidity, the humour, and the genius, and of course add something clever.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Here are the words that I think they should add to the dictionary:

egg
lion
robot
drink poison

4:58 PM  
Blogger Will said...

my personal choise of words to add is "gunt", It's when the stomach and the ummm... part below the stomach become hard to distinguish due to weight. I suppose "gock" would be the alternate term.

10:05 AM  
Blogger chiggers said...

hahahaha awesome will! definately rivals bones' oh so original selections.

10:38 AM  
Blogger chiggers said...

Is that something Nell said?

8:29 AM  
Blogger Will said...

Jiggaboo? I can only assume that you live near a portal to the 1930's.

9:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Everyone always complains about how there's not a word that signifies a young cat, but no one ever does anything about it. Being the pragmatist that I am, I offer up the following suggestion: kitten

9:46 AM  
Blogger Will said...

You know what else we need? A word for the time right after you have anal sex for the first time...you know...when you have to go to the hospital and miss two weeks of third grade. Can we get one for that?

12:24 PM  
Blogger chiggers said...

pure genius bones. pure genius.

hey will, what about "rape"?

1:12 PM  
Blogger Will said...

even if my eyes said yes?

(I'm going to hell)

2:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home