Wednesday, May 17, 2006

beer of the week: brooklyn east india pale ale

Here's my Beer Review currently on Weathered Living for you non-weathered readers...

My immediate impression... Hop! Hop! Yea! This IPA glows amber, yes, yes, it gleams under the bar lights. And when you peer in it even looks orange, intriguing.... A sharp, bitter hoppiness, with citrus undertones, leaving remnants of grapefruit and orange.

For the lover of hops, this beer has a rather neat way of leaving a hoppy aftertaste. As my blonde, Barbie-esque friend would say, “Loves it!” You have to give it to those Barbie-like friends, they know more than shopping and makeup. Brilliance in disguise.

Anyhoo, the aftertaste slowly dissipates in strength and you can actually acknowledge it happening. Of course it doesn’t fade completely because you have already taken another sip because you love hops and this IPA is so damn delicious.

For whatever reason the bottle isn’t so aesthetically pleasing, and I am not certain as to why I even care since I like the beer. I just really hate the color “red-orange.” Dammit, just pick one please. Red. “Loves it!” Orange. “Loves it!” Red-orange. “You buttplug.” Can’t pick on side or the other can you!? You have to rest in between!

Right....

Well, the horrid shade sits next to a nice green color, but they just don’t gel, so I don’t approve.

So now that I haven’t really told you very much about this beer at all, I hope you drink it.

4 out of 5 !@#$%&’s. (My lazy approach to a rating system.)

And just for record, Brooklyn beers stand on their own. Cheers to donating unique taste to brews. Be sure to keep an eye out for their Monster Ale, Winter Ale, Brown Ale, and my much loved Black Chocolate Stout. They all have received the chiggers’ seal of approval.

3 Comments:

Blogger Nev said...

I drink Bud Light. On special occasions, I make it an Amberbock. Can we still be friends?

8:03 PM  
Blogger chiggers said...

Of course, I love me some Bud in the bottle. Go Dale Jr.!

8:33 AM  
Blogger Nev said...

YESSSSSSSS

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home