Saturday, May 20, 2006

the ocean is a toilet.



I went to the dermatologist on Friday with concern for the carbuncles on my face. Okay, okay, they aren't that bad. Just some patches of zits. Now I am not one to be concerned with looks too much. I don't even bother putting on makeup to cover the pimples up. Besides, everyone looks rather nice under the dim bar lights. But, I don't want scars on my face later in life. I had him pump me up with as many drugs as possible to rid them as quickly as possible. Then the downside came. I cannot go out in the sun or I will, I quote, "have a sunburn you will never forget." Now, I get this two-fold from the topical cream and the antibiotics. Dammit. I like the beach, I like to sit out by the pool with a good book. Dammit.
I have been insipred to reminisce the joys of the beach... In particular, the beautiful beach of Roatan. And the best part is, the sand there is all poop. Yep, that's right. It just so happens that parrot fish munch on coral and poop out approximately one ton of sand each year. These reefs contain abundant populations of these fishes, and I was one of the many priveledged souls who frolicked in masses of poo.
Observe the vast poop displayed below. It extends for coutless kilometers...

Here are some mangrove prop roots interacting with the future fecal matter.

Here is chiggers on the far left emerging out of the toilet after taking some serious data. The dive spot was Pillar Coral. Lot's of parrot fish. Lot's of poop.

And finally, because the ocean really is a toilet, I did what any rational human being would do. Look at chiggers there on the left, peeing into the water with a big smile on her face.

I guess even though I can't enjoy beautiful beaches to their fullest, I can always think about poop.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! That is some beautiful poop! And I don't say that about just any poop.

Oh wait, yeah I do. Sorry.

2:24 PM  
Blogger chiggers said...

Bones, I do recall you saying much nicer things about my poop.

6:42 PM  
Blogger jelena said...

now, in light of the fact that everything (mostly) cycles from matter, to water and back or whatnot...doesn't that mean that really the whole world is POOP!!!


AHHHH - what a revelation for you and my dear poop-obsessed sister....

7:02 PM  
Blogger Nev said...

POOP!!! POOP POOP POOP POOP


no, i don't have ter-ets (i have no idea how to spell it and i'm not even gonna pretend), that's just a lot of poop!

3:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home